The “Meet the Team” employee spotlight highlights the great talent we have at Chiron Health. Our employees bring a wealth of intelligence and experience to our ever-growing team. This edition of the blog series features Implementation Manager, Matt Smeehuyzen.
A native of Indianapolis, Matt graduated from Indiana University with degrees in Biology and Chemistry. He started his career in healthcare as an account manager in the orthopedics industry. Having recently moved to Austin with his fiancée, Matt started at Chiron Health and has been loving it ever since!
- What is your role at Chiron Health?
I am the Implementation Manager. I assist new accounts with training and onboarding them to the Chiron Health Platform. I also assist with existing accounts to find continued success using our telemedicine solution
- When did you begin your role at Chiron?
- What would people never guess is part of your role?
Being the newest member, and best sport, part of my role is getting pranks played on me semi-frequently
- What aspect of your role do you enjoy the most?
Working with people to solve their most important problems
- Before working here, what was your most unique or interesting job?
I was a box salesman right out of college… yeah I know!
- What’s your favorite book and/or movie?
Jurassic Park, both the movie and the book
- What do you like to do outside of work?
Spending time enjoying the city of Austin with my fiancée
- What’s one thing you couldn’t live without?
The support of my friends and family
- What’s your hidden talent?
I can carry a whistle tune and clap louder than anyone else
- If you had all the time in the world, what’s one topic you would like to become an expert in?
Understanding how and what women think
- Anything else you would like to add about working here or personally?
It’s a unique telemedicine company where thought provoking ideas are encouraged and improvement is a daily occurrence